Today was pretty good, I spent pretty much the whole day developing my friendship with my new friends. Life drawing was pretty tough, although after each one of my drawing, I kept thinking to myself "I am so much better then everybody else in the class..."
Then after my friend Debbie and Andy... wait pause there
First a quick story about Debbie:
In illustrations me and here were sitting beside each other and looking at each others sketch book. I told her that I dig her work. She's Japanese (Or Chinese, I'm too embarrassed to ask.) She told me; "I... dig... your work too." It was great!
Anyways back to the main story, all three of us went to the computer lab and I was showing my Deviant art account to Debbie. Then she started showing me hers...
Oh my word it was amazing! Like she draws the exact same way I wanna draw!
Then I started think about my actions today. I was calling my work bad and my friends where all being like: "No, it's really good." and I'd be like "No..." but on the inside I'd be like; "Yes, yes it is, I am amazing."
I'm so ashamed of my attitude about the whole thing. Like Debbie is so good and she still talked to me reasonably and honestly about my art. I really have to switch my mind focus from trying to "out do" my fellow artist and more to try and understand the concepts and develop my art further.
Dammit! Why do I have to be so vain!
In other news I forgot my D.O. today and sweated a lot and I don't smell... weird.
4 comments:
It's a gift from dad Travis he can sweat and not smell. I find I can forget my D.O. every once and awhile and get through the day not smell
lol, a gift from Dad. Awww listen to you Trav being all mature. I'm excited to see you on Monday!!
SPAZTWITCHFIT.
AKATSUKI FANARTS.
YOU MUST INTRODUCE ME TO THIS FRIEND. D=<
PS I'm creeping her on dA now. because she drew Kisame. Hwahwahwa.
I just wanted to add that the title of this post reminds me of Death Note.
Post a Comment