Tuesday, September 9, 2008

What's Been Happening

For today's D.D. I will tell you why I've start this blog and what I've been up to.

Why I've started it;
So there are a lot of people asking me, "How are you liking Toronto?" And instead of writing to people the same things seven times I will refur them to my D.D., this blog.

My busyment: Arrival
Getting to tornoto was a long trip chafured by my father, however as the sun went down and Tornoto neared I felt myself becoming more ill. Once finding the apartment building I tryied to find Mary but I was left a note. Apperently she had left with Adam, I'll tell you about him soon. So after suffering a mild heart attack I found a phone number she gave me to call. I did and Mary finally came over. We unloaded all my stuff and for some reason dad decided not to see the appartment... strange I thought. I can remeber being so very frustrated that we couldn't bring all my stuff up that one night. i so wanted a bed to sleep on instead of a couch.

Unpacking and getting settled was speratic a difficult and I do not wish to repeat the process... ever!

My busyment: Orintation
me and mary went to orintation for me to get a feel for the school, after gathering a student handbook we where ushered into a gymnasuim. It was... Cramped. During the presentation many students got up and left. I thought it was a little rude for students just to get up and leave right in the middle of it! we were shown a video where we got to see all the cool things and the animation students had created. Nothing of my roomate, Mary, things were there. oh well.
After the Looong presentation that many many people left in the middle of, we moved to a very tiny space, where I think everybody who left during the presentation came back! Darn it was a tight squeeze! However the speaker, who looked like Justin Timberlake (his name was Ryan Porter, which made me think of Kylen Porter... but thats off track...) started speaking to us in Japaness... Jappennies? Japamandapaknees? Right so he started speaking to us in Japamandaknees which made me chuckle because Cara just came home from Japan. Apperently the speaker just got finished being an English teacher in Japan. His speach was very funny, exspecialy when he started showing us some English writing from Japan. Apperently on a sigh infront of a store somewhere it says; "Everyday HIGH price." I guess that's for all those people who are tired of all those Wall-Mart savings. So anywho i left feeling very unorintaed but at least I found out which buildings were what. So I could find my classes.
Mary then showed me my new groecery store, 'the gettoh mart'... and oh what a gettoh mart it is.

My busyment: A Taste for School
I left to find my first class myself and that was... well it wasn't hard at all. We all stood outside the class room for like half-n-hour waiting for class to start. That'll teach me for being early. I was informed that I would have to take an English test... well a second English test. We were given a map and I decided that I would go the next day. Okay remember that It's important. So finally class starts and the teacher starts off my saying, that we all suck at drawing... ouch. His lecture was interesting I think I definatly took the right class. He hand out an attendence and I have already decided on three people I want to be my friend. Their names are Gabby, Camren, and Gus... I'm not friends with any of them yet... cry. Although I have smiled at Gabby a couple times, she's caught me. I bet she thinks I'm creepy, why is talking so hard? And why the heck isn't Bacon here? Darn it she'd fit in so well with these people! I'm going to make her come here.
Anyways so he had us draw boxes (can you guess what classes this is yet? Drawing) which is actually A lot harder then you'd think it'd be. after that he then says: "Okay guys, your drawings suck, I want you to draw THESE boxes" which is all about siting angles and dealing heavily with paportion. It's harder then it sounds. Anyways I was standing beside some kid, curse myself I've learnt his name, Eric, who was completely freaking out about not being able to draw a box properly. I mean like the whole class is silently drawing and there's Eric like hitting his paper almost crying because he can't draw a box... I wanted to lean over and say "You were the coolest kid in your high school weren't you?" but I decided not to.
Anywho after that me and Mary went and tryed to figure out where I needed to go to do this test. I thought it was going to be around the school. oh no. I was the Actual Sencea which is like an hour away. So the next day we go there and their line goes to the end of the hall... and curves back... I was painful to say the least to stand in line to take a test for... 5 hours. And there is only so many times you can watch Doctor Horrible's sing-a-long-blog Mary had class so she had to leave me there. And once I get to the testing door I'm dealt with and rather unpleast women who made quotes like "These are all to students who've had since May to do their testing." Then I had to fill out a questionair asking me what level of English I've completed. Since it was University l'm pretty sure I got hit with the hardest English test they had. So after standing in their terrible line up for 5 hours then being treated poorly and given that hardest test they could imagin I then learnt that if I did bad on this test they might put me in an English class that I won't get any credit for so I'll be good enough to be in the actually creditable English class. I began to think that this system sucks. So in the end I missed my first class of that day and half of the following one.

My busyment: Up to date
Well other then those It's been going pretty steady I've been watching Animaniyacks during my meals and playing Banjo Kazooie and the NES Leged of Zelda whenever I get the time to. My apartment is fairly clean and I my Internets are lacking still.

So as my final note I will tell you all that I just finished my first role of toilet paper here in Toronto.

5 comments:

freethephoenix said...

Travis! You are the best! Also: if you don't want to fail English please send EVERYTHING to me before you hand it in. Seriously. Japamenknees?? I love you.

Also, I died at your last line. LOL

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the toilet paper! I'm so proud, your first big university experience! ahahaha Oh boy I miss you! I am so coming over there next year, this isn't really my bag here.

p.s. I have a blog too...for my MEDIA CLASS!!!! that's right, 60% of my marks come from making blog entries about media. Jealous? I think so. Post often! It's good to hear from you!

Shane said...

Travis have you ever considered using Firefox? It has a built in spell checker

Travis said...

Who are you na?
...
And how do I ontain this firefox?

CaraBoo said...

Travis I'm gonna stalk your blog now! Mwahahaha!! I was especially interested in Ryan Porter and amused at the toilet paper. :P