Sunday, November 30, 2008

a Dream I Had

Last night I had a dream that made me sad...

I was at a party. I can't recall the reason for the party because I came with a different agenda. There was a girl who was coming to the party whose attention I was very interested in capturing. However there was another boy, a rival if you will. There had been something between the girl an other boy but I felt that it was over now, and that it was my turn.

The party was semi-formal I was dressed up pretty spiffy and the girls all had dresses on. I finally worked up the courage to go and talk to the girl. I didn't mess up and I said what I wanted to to strike up a casual conversation. After a couple hours of hearing good music and watching others dance I finally asked the girl if she'd like to dance.

It wasn't a slow song that we danced to, but a loud crazy song that had an underline theme of romance. Our dance was silly. We did strange moves that burned the dance floor. It was kinda of awkward not dancing to a slow song, but the smile on both of our faces quickly let us both forget that.

Others had stopped to watch us as our crazy dance became popular, however to me it felt like there was no one else but her there. Sadly the dance ended with both of us staring at each other in the face, getting closer and closer.

Then the music changed and someone called the girls voice. There was the other guy standing on a table with his hand out stretched to her. My heart sank the moment I saw him up there. She turned away from me and walked straight towards him. She was completely oblivious to any feelings I had towards her at all. She climbed upon the table and danced very slowly with him.

I wanted to scream I wanted to get mad and throw something however I saw how happy she was, that smile on her face. I knew I couldn't disrupt her happiness. I left the dance floor forgotten. I wept and longed for something I could not have.

And that's when my dream ended.

It was quite the distressing thing to wake up to I'll tell you that much!
But I thought I should write it down before I forgot it, so there you go.

4 comments:

freethephoenix said...

Wah!! You had such a very sad dream!! :( Those kinds of dreams are the ones I wake up from and say "I have another book to write!!"

Kuroari said...

Dream dictionary, man! Look some of this stuff up! Colours are significant too, especially what colour you were wearing, what she was wearing, and what the rival was wearing. All these things will tell you what your dream meant, or help you figure it out.

Travis T said...

Qh yes, the unconscious process of organizing cognitive (or neural) pattern yields rather interesting results. But does the dream itself have ant intrinsic value?

Yeah, I took a Psyche course. Tells very little about your dream, which does seem rather interesting.

Travis said...

I can't believe how true that dream actually came to be.

That's kinda amazing.