Monday, November 10, 2008

Seventeen Thousand One Hundred and Twelve Spaces later...

Yup today I was a pretty big pile again.
I re-downloaded mother 3 onto my computer and was having fun with it.
I decided that I was going to record the whole game and post it up here so that my sister who I can never get to play these games I love, will finally know the plot.

Except I played through the beginning twice and each time, about ten minutes in, the sound and the video are so off, I'm ready to pull my hair out! And well... that COMPLETELY ruins any sort of mood the game sets. I really don't know how to fix this problem! I really want to post up this game, but later when I will be posting half an hour segments I don't want such a horrible laps in synchronization! If anybody can help me figure out this problem I will be very happy.
I really don't want to screen shot the whole game.

Well other then that, I went shopping for groceries, and need to do some dishes. (like three dishes) Also, it appears that when I butter my bread little tiny bread crumbs get into the butter, and now it's gone moldy! OMG! I don't know how that happened! But... it makes me sad.

Well anywho besides all that the next stage is ready, I'm not particularly thrillied about this stage myself, but you decide for me... the word 'decided' is bugging me currently.



Stage 9


“How’s this?” Zefer slipped the mask on his face and draped his burlap coat over his shoulders completely coving up his cloths and sword underneath. Gix tilted his head to side, poking at his cheek.
“You look like a Marionette.” Gix stated. The wooden mask was rough all the edges were pointy and the mask looked like it could give you slivers. Gix remembered seeing a picture next to the word Marionette in his book of words. He thought that is exactly how Zefer looked.
“Maybe we shouldn’t use the mask.” Gix commented suddenly unsure of his original idea.
“No, this could work! I stay completely silent whenever we’re among people and you hold my hand and drag me along!” Gix took notice that there were no eye holes in the mask. It must have been too hard to cut with his sword. “We tell people that I’ve been injured, so I’m mute!” Gix caught onto the idea.
“Yeah, we’ll say you so horribly disfigured in the face that it would be completely unsightly for you not to wear the mask.” Zefer gave a little pout with knitted eyebrows.
“Well if that’s the case maybe you should wear the mask!” Zefer looked away, pouting. Gix wished he wouldn’t take offense so easily. Gix had only been able to find a patch of berries that were red and sweat to the taste. They weren’t much but it felt good have some food inside of them.
“Where do we go now?” Gix asked wanting to find a suitable place for them to stay. Zefer opened his mouth then paused.
“Let’s see…” He collected his thoughts. “I remember the first time I came through this pass… there was a tiny village just minutes away from rocky wall pass.” Gix wondered if Zefer actually recalled the name or was using the information Harold had told him. “Then after that there was quite a walk… but I found a dirt path that led me to fair sized village.” Zefer pressed his fingers against his forehead, tapping it a little. “I think that village had a lot of trees around it. So if we don’t find the dirt path we could miss it entirely.” That worried Gix, they haven’t seen a river or any sort of water since they left. They’d have to find a village to get supplies.
“How do we find it?” Gix curiously asked, waiting for Zefer to come up with a brilliant idea.
“Alright this is an old trick I learnt.” Zefer began explaining, “the first thing you gotta do is close your eyes.” Gix did so. “And point ahead of you.” Gix did that as well. “Now spin.” Gix peeked open an eye to look at Zefer. “You can’t open your eyes. Just keep spinning until you feel like stopping!”
“This can’t work!”
“Well do you any other genius ideas of how to find our way?” Gix didn’t so he signed and covered his eyes with his hand. Gix began spinning in a circle, pointed with one hand right out in front of him. As he was spinning he felt doubt trickle down into his stomach. He spun around quite a few times. There was a tickle in his heart then; Gix felt something deep down inside of him as he spun. Every time his hand moved across a certain area he felt that tickling bubble feeling down inside of him. He knew something was that way. He stopped pointing in the direction his heart told him. Gix had felt this sensation before, although we couldn’t remember when or where. He took his hand of his face and opened his eyes.
He was facing Zefer. Zefer paused thinking Gix was playing a game with him.
“That way! Let’s go that way!” Zefer jerked a little at Gix’s excited voice. He glanced behind him, then back.
“Alright!” Gix could feel something enthusiasm bubbling inside of him. Zefer slipped on the mask and they started walking towards the direction Gix had pointed, it was just to the side of where Harold was buried, and directly away from the berry bushes. Gix held Zefer’s hand tight leading him. They’d have to practice a little if they were to make this believable to anybody they met. Periodically Zefer would tilt up his mask making sure he was not about to run into anything. The weeping trees started to disperse and soon trees with little tiny buds took their place. Gix could tell that within a couple of day they’d burst open into flowers. It seemed to take a while to find this dirt road. There was body around so Zefer took off his mask and led himself. The area around was starting to become hilly and there were many more trees crowding around them.
“Maybe we should try a different direction…” Zefer suggested after they traversed both sides of nearly six hills, each on progressively becoming larger.
“No!” Gix willfully interjected. “I’m sure that if we continue in this direction we’ll find… something.”
“Like our graves?” Zefer smugly added not realizing how wicked it actually was. Gix didn’t say anything to that his mind kept wondering to a long barreled gun. That sent his heart rate up again. His head drooped. They had been running around and getting their bearings Gix never really thought about any of it. He didn’t want Harold to die. He didn’t want their home to be burnt down. Gix forced himself to think of the road ahead. He didn’t want fresh tears to wet his face. They had come across a bunch of trees; Gix thought that they might be in another forest when they suddenly burst through the thicket. He’s foot stepped on solid rock. Zefer snapped the mask down over his face, and buried himself in his coat. Gix looked around stunned. They had reached the village. Not only reached they stumbled right into it. He guessed that they didn’t need the dirt path.
Zefer snatched Gix’s hand instantly becoming the injured man. Gix stood there, stupefied. He had never really been to a village. The last time he had, people threw rocks at him. The atmosphere here was pleasant, he could here voices echoing. Stable looking building littered the streets with hard stone and long wooden logs supporting the thing. All the buildings were quite grant compared to Gix’s home. It must have taken millions of people to build these.
Zefer suddenly pushed Gix into action making him walk forward. There was a stone walkway that wound around a couple of buildings and there were also so building to either side of them that looked like houses. Gix could see one elderly man asleep on a chair right in front of his house. Walking Gix saw a couple more people milling about, walking in his direction. He blushed not sure of what to say to them when they approached. Gix watched them walk by. He was going to say something, but they passed by him not even giving him a second glace. It felt strange to Gix, how somebody could just ignore somebody so coldly. Gix continued to walk. The building seemed to separate around one area of the village. Glancing down at his feet Gix noticed that different coloured stones were laid out here in quite the aesthetically pleasing manner. It made Gix put on a little smile. All sorts of people were milling about. There where some ladies in long dresses with funny hats on. There were some boys running around playing tag. Also of people seemed to be gathering around this one area. Gix couldn’t see what they were looking at, Gix started to walk away from them, he didn’t want to be noticed.
“Hey boy!” somebody called out. Gix looked and saw a man sitting against a wall calling him over. Gix looked around, hoping that he wouldn’t that the man was calling for anybody but him. “Hey come over here!” He called out again. Not sure what to do, he awkwardly walked towards the man sitting. “That a boy, come have a seat.” The man had little cushions spread out around him, and there was a tiny little table in front of him. Gix Led Zefer to one of the cushions and got him to sit down, Gix then sat down himself a regarded the man. He a fairly big sized man, with a nice shiny bald head, his nose took up half his face, with think black whiskers coming from his upper lip. Gix had never seen quite a character as this before.
“So I see you’ve got an escort this fine evening.” The man said grinning with the palm of his hands pushed against his cross-legged knees. It took Gix a second to realize that he was talking to Zefer. Zefer nodded to small meek nod. The man’s gaze then shifted to Gix. “Now what brings you to this fine town?” Gix was about to tell him something but the man kept going. “How about a little game?” Gix looked up at him, confused. “It’s simple really; all you have to do it find this little red ball.” The man placed a little ball on the table. “You pay me one monogon, I put the ball in one of these five cups mix them and you pick one. If you get it right I’ll give one pentagon! Sounds fair don’t it?” Gix wasn’t sure what to do, he was about to grab Zefer and leave when Zefer start shuffling around. He then produced a small round coin and placed it on the table.
The square nosed man laughed from his belly. “Alight it seems like your friend here is ready to play!” the man began setting up cups on the table. Gix and Zefer faced each other. One of Gix’s eyebrows was arched high; the other was pressed against his eye. Zefer wore a wooden face.
“Alright, watch the ball…” the man slipped the ball under one cup, then began switching the cup’s position. A few people began to stand around and watch. They must have been attracted by the man’s laugh. The man started to speed up his switching, sometimes he’d lift up a cup and show the ball then he’d switch the same cup over to positions and the ball would be gone. There was no way to keep track of it. Gix nervously started chewing on one of his finger nails. The man finally slammed down all the cups down. They all sat there equally divided in one position. Gix wasn’t sure what to do. Zefer simply sat there. Gix began hovering his hand over the cups. He wasn’t sure which one to pick. He moved down the line. Contemplating which one he should choose. His hand stopped quivering over the forth cub. He felt something tickling him from the inside. He reached down and grabbed the cup.
The little red ball rolled out from inside of it. The man looked up again. Clearly he was amazed. Gix guessed not to many pick the right cup. The looked up at Gix mouth a gape. The people in the crowd clapped. Gix felt a smile trickle onto his face.
“One more time, double or nothing!” the man demanded. Gix nodded, he felt a little bit more confident this time around. The man shuffled up the cups equally as confusing. When he was done he spread his hands wide over the tops of the cups and placed them in his lap. He was eagerly waiting to see which cup Gix would choose. Gix hovered his hand over each cup but he didn’t feel anything inside him. It wasn’t registering like it had before. Gix closed his eyes moving his hand over the cups trying to envision the red ball. He felt something at his finger tips. He shot forward to grab whichever cup he felt the tingling sensation with. Gix would open his eyes to see he had grabbed the man’s arm. Shocked the man jumped back.
“What are you doing?” he managed to spit out. Gix was fearful for a moment. Then the man realized the little red ball from him hand. The crowded booed the man so he forked over two pentagons. This coin had five distinct sides. Later the sun began to set and Gix was able to find a lodge for them to stay in. The cost per bed was one pentagon.

4 comments:

Kuroari said...

o_o

i wish i was at your school.
stealing your mouldy butter.

freethephoenix said...

Go Gix!! Gamble someone else's life away!! hahahaha

Travis T said...

You clearly need to preserve your butter better!

Gix seems to be pretty good at guessing. A clairvoyant perhaps?

Emmy Arts said...

pentagon coins! I like it. who says our money has to be round of rectangular? I enjoy Zefer's smug humour. "Like our graves?" made me giggle.
I hope you're happy. Im not doing homework that I have to email today because you're story is too interesting, and I have a cold and should go upstairs for some buckleys, but you're still distracting me. :P I agree with thompson. I think Gix is somehow clairvoyant.