Monday, November 17, 2008

The weekend on another planet

I have neglected writing and general blogging because homework had eaten me... then a wonderful game called 'Little Big planet' ate me... well more like I served my self to it marinaded and all! But if you know me at all you should already know that.

But first I must say that I must thank my wonderful friend Becky for driving me home and back.

I loved hang out with my friends and family... I can't wait for Christmas. Aaaaand LITTLE BIG PLANET IS AWESOME!!! *weeps happily*

I have my next stage done... I fought and fought with it, but I still hate it. But it's done and horrible and done!



Stage 11


Curly blonde hair hung in front of her face, thick and layered. She stood the cross armed with a smirk on her face. She had on a red dress… no not quite a dress. There were slits up either side of the dress up to her knees. The only other distinguishing feature that Gix could make out in the long pause he had staring at her was the fact that the dress had a giant black on it. From ink? Or perhaps it was a design of this particular dress. Gix could care less at the moment. A brushing moment passed and Gix had the idea to play it cool.
“Excuse me miss…” he started. The woman stared at him waiting for him to continue. Gix had the words already in his head; he was simply waiting for the woman to address him. The woman gave her head a quick roll and then jerked in Gix’s direction. Gix only nodded slightly with a silly grin expecting her to say something. They stood there staring at each other for a while waiting for the other one to say something. The woman made an exasperated face and then sarcastically commented.
“Yes?!” She did not look very pleased.
“I would like to ask you; who is this Zefer fellow I’ve never heard of him.” Gix still had the stupid grin on his face. Despite the situation, and the fact that he couldn’t see Gix wanted to smack himself in the face really hard.
“Don’t try that with me.” She added in an ice cold statement, “I know that you’re towing around Zefer here, Gix.” Gix froze again. Having a complete stranger say his name made him want to vomit more then the bodies lying on the streets.
“Thank you for the information.” Gix spat out.
“What do you want?” Zefer said in the darkest voice Gix had ever heard him speak. She swallowed hard. Gix could see both of them stammering. “Stop that, you have no right to be doing this.” Gix got confused, it seemed he’d be suffering that condition for a so time now.
“So you can sense my presence?” She said
“Of course I can, you voice speaks too.” He said
“You’re the first one I’ve talk to who could tell.”
“That doesn’t surprise me I didn’t think someone like you would talk to many people!”
“You control your tongue as graciously as you control your sword!”
“You’d better watch YOUR tongue or else you’ll make me USE my sword!”
“I’d like to see you try! You were able to claim---” The woman stopped speaking then. She turned her head to the side; Gix could see her face perfectly. She must have been the same age as him. “What would you know?” Gix felt a tiny tug inside himself. For a second, he could have sworn that she was blinking back a tear. Gix took a step towards her.
“You’re upset, can I help you?” Gix’s stance was open, hands slightly forward, as if anticipating that she would collapse into tears and he would catch her. She glanced up at him.
“No you can’t even…” She stopped mid sentence, now glaring at Gix. Her eyes squinted. Mouth hung open a gasp. “I can’t do it…” Her voice trailed off. She then glanced at Zefer and then back into Gix’s eyes. He regarded her softly.
“Stop that, I said!” Zefer spoke up, almost forgetting that he was supposed to be playing a mute.
“I can’t do it!” She sounded scared.
“Can’t do what?” Gix asked casually.
She was too flabbergasted to realize that she instantly answered. “I can’t read your thoughts…” She slapped both her hands over her mouth. Gix was taken aback. Zefer slid his mask to one side and grabbed the woman by her hair.
“You’re not going to talk anymore.” Zefer brushed open his cloak a bit to reveal that his other hand was on his sword. The woman turned a pale colour. “Gix!” Zefer barked. “Led us to nearest empty alleyway.” Gix nodded slightly and trotted ahead of them. Finding one almost immediately Gix led Zefer to it. His hand still had a firm grip on the woman’s hair she was holding her head as Zefer practically dragged her to that alleyway. Throwing her to the ground, she only had enough time to spin around before Zefer flashed his sword to her throat.
“What is you name?” Zefer asked plainly.
“I’m not going to—“ Zefer jerked the blade forward making her jerk back. “… my name is Nina.”
“Nina you have on minute to tell me why you should live.” Zefer was as cold as his steel. Gix couldn’t help but feel shivers travel up and down his back. Please… please don’t kill her; he wanted to scream out, please. He cupped his hands over his nose and mouth. She was trembling now.
“I know who you are…” Nina started.
“I know that, you can read minds, I want to know why I shouldn’t kill you!” Zefer had reached a point of rage somewhere and Gix wasn’t sure where it was coming from. The throw up feeling hadn’t left him. Nina’s hand were twitching like she wanted to grab something to fiddle with and her eyes were shaking like a thousand different thoughts were running through her head. She was able to mumble something out.
“I can help you…” She stopped shaking so much. Zefer could only chuckle at that. The back of Gix’s neck felt strangely cold. He reached back and touched it. It was blazing hot. Gix felt like he shouldn’t be here.
“How?” Zefer said, less interested and more mockingly.
“You know of what the dark amulet is correct?” She asked.
“Of course I do, you probably stole that from my mind!” Gix could feel Zefer’s temperature boiling again.
“So if I say light amulet do you understand?” Nina’s face was still staring at the dirt.
“What do you mean?” Zefer turned to face her move directly, sword moving slightly away from her. Some air escaped heavily through Gix’s lungs.
“What do you think would happen when light meets dark?” Nina’s tone had been completely monotone, but with a spark of emphasis she continued. “The darkness disappears.” Zefer completely lowered his sword. Her words seemed to strike him stiff. Zefer thought for a bit and then shook his head, his words full of doubt.
“And why would you want to help me?” His mouth stayed open a slit. Nina turned her head almost as if she was trying to look behind her.
“He needs to find peace…” Her words fell flat on the ground.
“Who does?”
“My father.” Nina looked at Zefer in the face. His gazed shifted to the side missing hers. “You killed him. I hate you so much.” Gix was at a loss for words. She sounded like she wanted to fix Zefer’s problem, despite the fact that she detests him so much. Gix’s eye had a sorrowful tone to them, but his mouth housed a smile. Even though she would dislike somebody so much, she would do everything against her better judgment to help them. Zefer stood there like a statue. The tip of his blade was grazing the dirt. As Zefer stood silently unmoving Gix had to wonder if those last words stung him. If even a little bit. GIx didn’t seem to fear those words at all. The pure truth was admirable in Gix’s eyes. Lowering his gaze with his simple smile still on Gix thought that Zefer probably does understand, not being stung by them in the least, he is truly a friend. Gix barely saw Zefer slide his mask back over his face.
Gix was at the entrance of the tiny alley way created by a useable standing structure and a dilapidated one that was still enough intact to house shadows from the midday sun from their eyes. Gix as a caught up that he hadn’t noticed the group of villagers who were pillaging through the ruins standing around him. It wasn’t until one was breathing down the back of Gix’s neck did he start to bristle again. A slight mummer began among them as Nina face was shown dirt ward. Zefer could hear the crowd perfectly but he would not turn around. Shouts soon started out and Gix feared stones would start finding the villagers hands. Gix stood in front of the crowd arms wide open. His mouth hung ajar. He hadn’t asked Zefer what to say when he needed to socially command people. His mind began to race. ‘Words’ is what he needed, strong powerful words. Pages flipped through his mind, but Gix couldn’t find grasp the words on the pages, they flipped by to fast. Gix was tempted to shake the book and let and loose words flow out of his open mouth when he was forced to turn around.
“Excuse me!” It was Nina’s unpleased voice. The crowd seemed to hush at the exclamation of the victim. “We’re trying to practice here.” Gix was facing Nina, eye wide to the strange stance she was holding. Her feet were spread shoulder width apart, but all of her weight was on one leg.
Some distraught villager piped up, “Practicing an execution?” One of Nina’s eyebrows rose away from the upturned corner of her mouth.
“I beg your pardon?” Gix could almost see fire on her saucy tongue. She planted her fists firmly against her crocked hips. “We are famous performers of the enchanted Maul Metropolis!”
Another person just as doubtful voiced his opinion too. “So famous that you practice in damp alleyways?”
“Upon arriving we had learnt that your theatrical building has retired, there was no place else left to rehearse! When had heard about the monster attacking your city and we came to offer a play of hope, but clearly you are undeserving.” Gix’s mouth was still ajar. “Come on boys lets leave this worthless dead town.” Nina lead the way swinging her hips, letting her dress flap excessively to either side. Zefer followed, stern, as Nina parted the crowd effortlessly. Gix shuffled nervously behind. Confused Gix noted that when Nina addressed the crowd she wasn’t asking a question.


------------------------------------------------

I'm a little distracted with homework so I don't think I'll be able to complete my second catch up chapter like I wanted to do but I will say the ride from Petrolia to Toronto is a lot shorter when you sleep for all of it.

5 comments:

Emmy Arts said...

FIRST COMMENT!
My favourite part was the imagery of Gix trying to find words and the figurative book's pages flipping too fast. That was good! I also laughed with Ninasaved their butts by pretending, though I wonder why she would do that? To gain Zefer's trust?
Can't wait to read more! (p.s. she sounds really pretty)

freethephoenix said...

"The throw up feeling hadn't gone away" Awww! I like your writing now Trav you keep getting better and better. Glad you made ti through this! Onward to the end!! :D

Kuroari said...

Liiiiittleeeee biiiiiiiig plaaaaneeeeeeet. <3

Tic-tac-toe face. -snickers-

Travis T said...

I'll be honest, not a big fan of this stage. Althogh telepathy is always cool. But clearly you are getting stuck with the same end of term crap that I am so I can't really blame you. Good luck with your catch up!

Travis said...

Yeah I totally felt like the telep-thing was a cop-out too... but I got totally stuck!
WHAA!