Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Ergo Ego

Today I had English which was kinda nothing, then I had a free period and me and my friends found this awesome little store in York's cafe. IT has a ton of old games and old games systems, I want to spend all of my money there!!
It even had a Bowser plushie! I am going to own that tomorrow!
After I regrettably had to go from there we had drawing class. We where using ink washes, that was fun. Except Everybody (even the teacher) was complementing me on it. I was getting kinda frustrated because half of me wanted be be like, "Yeah it's so much better then yours." but that is wrong because I can't set my standard that low to just coast on everybody's complements I have to continue to push myself to get better and better! "The main problem with my work was the fact that it didn't look complete my construction of the piece needed so much more work!... Ack

Anyways after that I came home and did my homework, I thought about how upset Rachel must be and then I got really sad.

Anywho I finished the next chapter... I kinda think it's crap but I donno you tell me.


Stage 4

Gix madly crawled at his throat. He life was being squeezed out of him and he no idea how to fight it. He strained to move away from the evil amulet but he was stiff, stiff as the board. The intense pain and lack of air brought tears to Gix’s eyes, he couldn’t fight it! He couldn’t save himself! He was frantic. He began opened his mouth to let out some sort of cry for help, all he could muster was a tiny gurgling sounded.
This is it Gix thought, this is how I’m going to die.
A heart beat later Gix was sent spirally backwards he landed and coughed, sputtering like broken lawnmower. Gasping he filled his lungs with precious air. It burned his throat but he gasped greedily for it all the same. Gix then noticed the voice screaming at him, and Zefer kneeing over top of him shaking him. Gix looked back at him through his murky eyes. He was shaking Gix by the shoulder with bloody hands.
“Gix! Gix! Are you alright? Gix?” Zefer was shaking him gently. Gix kicked Zefer off of him and sat up.
“You were just kneeling there with death’s mask on your face, what’s the matter?” Zefer continued his onslaught of questions. Gix didn’t realize that in the struggle he had dropped the strange vegetables. He promptly picked one up and strode over to darkened amulet. Angry and upset he swung and smacked the thing far away into the brushes.
“Gix?”
Gix dropped his vegetable weapon and cradled his knees to his chest gritting his teeth. Zefer embraced Gix around the shoulders as he rocked back and forth.
“It’s okay.” He kept repeating to Gix “It was just a day terror, you’re alright now.” Gix didn’t find much comfort in this action, nor any comfort in Zefer’s words. All he could feel was the wet blood on Zefer’s hand’s running down his side.

***’”’***

Zefer stirred around the strange stew that they had made today. Zefer had found a rabbit and was able to catch it and kill it. It was then that he brought it back to Gix to find him besieged below the clothes line.
“I think these beats will add just what this stew needs!” Zefer said behind him. He was stirring it in some bucket he found that didn’t have any holes in it. Loading up the stove full of firewood was harder then he remembered, he had made it out of stone for a good solid top and legs, but he didn’t really worry about sides so sometimes one of the flaming logs would come rolling out, which was very dangerous. Cooking upon it now Zefer contemplated fixing it up so it was actually useable. It looks like Gix didn’t actually use it for the whole time he had been away. But it wasn’t exactly hard to see why. Zefer sniffed the stew a little bit. It smelled okay. He took a ladle for a quick sip.
“Blaaah! “
Out of all of the stew’s he had ever prepared in his life, rabbit meat and beat stew was a particularly bad one.
“You know I found a little place south of here where they sell all kinds of spices.” Zefer turned his head around to look at Gix who was sitting cross legged on the bed watching Zefer make the stew. He was reminded of a little child, watching a parent instinctively, to learn something from them. Zefer secretly hoped that Gix wouldn’t pick up this particular recipe from him. He had so many better things to be remembered by. Gix hand moved up to his neck and rubbed it delicately.
There was a dark purple mark left on the surface of Gix’s neck. What ever had happened to Gix this afternoon left a pretty good scar on him. Zefer was use to seeing Gix stumble around and hurt himself so it did surprise Zefer to see him having tangled himself in the clothes line and cause such a blemish. Zefer moved to stand in front of Gix and promptly whack the back of Gix’s hand with the ladle. Gix moved back with a quick yelp. He cradled the back of his hand.
“You shouldn’t rub at it; it will just make it worse.” Zefrer scolded.
“But it still stings.” Gix mumbled.
“It will sting for a couple of days. If it’s bothering you, place that wet cloth on it.”
“But it’s dry now.”
“Then go wet it!”
“But you used the last of the water on the stew.”
“Oh… right…”
Gix placed his hand on his neck once more and Zefer swatted him again for it.
“What did I just say?”
Defeated Gix hung his head and placed the slightly dry cloth around his neck instead. Zefer moved back to the soup pot… bucket to continue stirring the strange concoction. “Gix pondered at what Zefer had said.
“You traveled down south?”
Zefer smirked “Oh yeah! I went all over the place! Did you know that in the far north it is the snow fall time all year round?” Gix shifted so that his feet dangled of the edge of the bed.
“Really? That must be terribly cold!”
“You bet! Sometimes they wouldn’t leave their houses for months on end. Can you imagine being cooped up inside your house for longer then a day? I can’t!” Gix hooked his foot under behind his leg, dipping his head slightly.
“Yeah… imagine that.”
“Yeah the snow piles up so high you can’t even plant any crops there so you have to go fetch your food from towns miles and miles away!” Zefer starts stretching out his arms to show that it was indeed a very long distance to travel. “But hey, I’ve traveled way more they ever had so I guess it really wouldn’t be a big deal for me.”
“I bet not.”
“But my favorite place was this giant city called… oh what was it called again… ah I can’t remember. But what was great about it was how big it was! They had building build on top of buildings. If you stood on the high place you could find you could look around and you wouldn’t see the edge of the city at all!” Zefer was starting to speak faster as he got more excited about his travels.
“When I left they were starting to build this thing called that would allow you travel to one end of the city and back all within a day! It was amazing! That city was ruled by a king and he was there to unbind it by cutting a rope so that they could start building it. It’s amazing! Really it is!” Zefer’s voice started to trail off as he kept going on about this city. Gix strained his eyes to see Zefer’s exaggerated hand movements but he couldn’t keep focused.
His eyes kept blurring the scene in front of him. It felt like room was being pushed into a giant hallway and the distance between Gix and Zefer was expanding. Zefer was flying further and further away even thought they were both in the same room. Gix’s heart started pumping a little faster. What was this? Gix’s feet found the floor as he stood up. They felt wobbly and unsure.
“Z… Zefer?” he was able to mumble out. Gix couldn’t place why but his bottom lip started quivering.
There like the floor beneath him had been removed Gix felt something tight wrap around his neck. It was like the accursed black thing hadn’t left. It was still at him. Strangling. Gix envisioned the black face demon with a dark face and blood eyes, with a wicked jagged smile. Its arms pressed down hard and strong. Gix’s neck began burning like this demon was made of fire. Gix trembled before the unforeseen power. Gix struggled as the room began to flash of different visions of this horrible monster. Reaching and wavering Gix couldn’t grasp what was happening or how. He feared this unforeseen force with all of his might, and he couldn’t fight that fact at all. The light bursts intensified and Gix could keep his eyes open anymore.
Then the back or the room zoomed back into place, Zefer was in front of him with his arms around him. He was gently shaking him by the shoulders.
“Gix!” What are you doing?
Gix slowly opened his eyes to see that he was all right. The purple ring around his cooled to pleasant warmth. Gix sloughed his back and tipped his head backwards.
“Gix? What’s the matter with you, you’ve been acting so strangely ever since I got here.” Zefer took his hands off of Gix and tilted his head to look at Gix more puzzlingly. Gix didn’t say anything he just began laughing.
“Wha--?” Gix leaned forward and gave Zefer a hug. Zefer was a little surprised but began patting Gix on the back as he laughed. After a bit Zefer pushed him away and looked straight into his face. “You’re a strange one you know that.”
Gix sat down on the edge of the bed and nodded as he wiped away forming tears in his eyes.
“I bet I know your problem, you’re hungrier then I am! But I’ve seen a man do stranger things on an empty stomach!” Some of them you don’t even want to know about!” Zefer started chuckling to himself as he turned to stir the stew once more. He stopped mid-turn “The STEW!!” I was now pouring out a thick black smoke. Gix looked to see Zefer trying to grab some clothe to remove the hot pot. “Gix your neck scarf thing!!” Gix got up and gave Zefer the cloth that had been around his neck all night. Gix paused for a moment and shook his head. He didn’t remember having the cloth around his neck in his night terror just now.

Sipping the bowls of burn beat and rabbit stew there wasn’t much expression on Zefer’s or Gix’s face. Zefer place the bowl down and look directly at the pale faced boy.
“You know I think that this thing tastes better burnt!” Zefer had to admit, though he didn’t know how it was possible. “It’s probably one of those things that’ll put hair on your chest!” he exclaimed.
Gix didn’t have the slightest idea as to what Zefer was talking about, but Gix found it fun to put something in his mouth that didn’t taste like water or saliva. Gix would have to ask for this recipe from Zefer later.


~Well thats it, Travis out!

3 comments:

freethephoenix said...

I agree with TTT, this is full of enigmas. I want more! Oh please please please finish writing this story Trav!!

Kuroari said...

my butt is sore. But i sat on in twenty seconds longer to read this.

Oh, woe is my rear.

But yeah, STOP BEING SO COCKY ABOUT YOUR ART DAMN YOU.

Next time you're cocky about your art remember my bolded words found above.

Travis T said...

It's like trying to watch Lost!
So many enigmas... But as long as they resolve at some point it should be fine.

Not a bad story but it certainly could use some polish.