Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Not to offend

Warning today's D.D. deals with picture's of Travis' Life Drawing class.
These pictures are used for the purpose of art and learning structure and anatomy nothing else. View discretion is advised.

So today I had my stupid computer's class and life drawing class.
In between the two classes Gus, Andy and I ventured over to York Lanes and got our selves some Taco Bell! Yay college food! Then it was off to life drawing...

You know what? I think I've matured quite a bit over the past month.
Drawing in the class has become less ick and more understanding and learning, which i think it's suppose to be.

There's some sort of poetry in the background that only artists can understand I think. We're not just drawing naked people, we are more or less capturing the human figure in a poetic sence that no camera could do justice to. I think that is a beautiful thing.


However I don't think many people can understand that, so if you write this off as pointless jibber-jabber I don't mind.

These are Gesture drawings. the whole idea behind them is to capture the rhythm and the movement behind the pose. I know that look super crappy but we only have one minute to draw them each. The whole idea is to get away from drawing the shape of something and starting drawing structure and what you actually see. As you can see I am still have quite a draw time grasping this concept because none of the above drawing have much rhythm. Before we start into any other drawings Our teacher expects us to turn out twenty five of these things, which only take about a half an hour. And I my opinion all my suck.

This is bulking and the whole idea here is to use convey the feeling of weight. The darker marks are suppose to move advance and the lighter areas are suppose to recede. This makes you really look at the shape of the areas you're drawing. In mine you can see that the head is Waaay to big and the picture isn't really that clear, much to my dismay. Although I am quite prond of this, even if this skill of mine is a work in progress.

This is mass conception. I'm actually not to sure what we're learning on this one, but if I have to guess I'd say that is't all about the 3D form and how it works with atonamy. Other then that we're drawing the models like they were made out of boxes. It's actually quite fun to do. Out of all of my pics I'll uploading I keep thinking that Trish is going to hate me, but this should be one she can look at and like! : D Box people are never naked!! Again not the best but not too shabby either.


Trish has been asking me what blind contour draw it and this is an example of it. It's all about drawing structer so you look at what you are drawing and let the object guide your hand, with exactly what you see not what you think you see. You also have to draw at a snail's pace so your lines look as tactial as possible. I kept peeking at my to make sure I was getting the proportions close. Along with three others he posted mine on the board as an example of a good blind contour drawing! Hurray!

After that my friend Mikki drove me home! She's so awesome! I think I'll have to buy her a Chrismas gift as a way of saying thanks!

Well that was my mature post, just thought you all might be intersted to see what I'm drawing.
And to finish...A picture of Toby!
As I was taking these pictures she stood like that looked at me as if to say; "wtf are you doing?"
I'm going to miss my cat soo much! She's curled up in my lap right now!

Well that's it for today's D.D.
Out.

3 comments:

Travis T said...

Ugh, I probably shouldn't have read that before finishing my essay lest your english skills rub off on me.

Box people are silly!

freethephoenix said...

Offend my darling, lol. And those drawings are really coming along. I think you have improved very much in a month, it'll be incredible to see what you can draw by the end of the year!! :O

Shane said...

omgz nipplez