Monday, November 23, 2009

I did it again

Why do I keep DOING that?

Today I went shopping with Steph and Sam.
Among the things I got where Reeces Pieces! Those candies are so good I just had to get sooo many.
But then an idea accursed to me. Wouldn't it be great that if instead of smartie cookies, I made reeces pieces cookies?

I suddenly became giddy with excitement. Smartie cookies are soooo good! But Reece's Pieces are sooo much better then smartie cookies. This just had to happen.

After finding a usable recipe online a quickly went to work. I put in the butter and sugar and creamed it together. Then the vanilla, and eggs. Then the flower, baking soda, and salt then well mixed. Then I poured my bag of delicious Reece's pieces into the mix, happy as I watched it give the mix wonderful candy lumps! I carefully read the recipe careful to get the exact amount and put them in at the extract time it told me to.

Once mixed I buttered a pan plopped on six cookies to test it out and threw them in the oven.
I was all smiles as I waited for my yummy cookies to finish!

After the appropriate amount of time I open the oven to check on my little darlings.
It was like I had just thrown six ice cubes into the oven. They had turned completely flat! Confused and a tad disappointed I poked it with a tooth pick to see if they were done.
The mixture was remarkably soft even through then edges where brown.
So I let the strange puddle cookies sit there a little while longer.

When I returned to check on them they were all of them where completely dark brown! Worried, I pulled them out as to not let them burn. I lifted one of them up to check and see if the bottom was burn.

Much to my surprise the cookie completely folded in on it's self. Even though it was almost burn it still acted like liquid! Puzzled, I peeled them off the tray. My problem was not enough flour I deduced so I add a heeping helping of flour to my mix and mixed it up again.

Then second batch of cookies where still flatter then pancakes and way to soft. But they where much more editable looking. So I excitedly tried out my concoction.

It tasted like popcorn.

I don't think I have ever been quite so disappointed with myself.

Trying to safe the mix I add more flour to mix my puddle problem. The third batch looked like top quality well shaped cookies! They were the perfect consistency just the right amount of softness.

They still tasted like popcorn.

I then decided that I wasn't going to cook the rest of these horrible cookies, I was going to toss the batter. But I still wanted to enjoy my Reece's pieces. So I put the rest of the dough in a strainer hopping that it would leave me with wet reece's pieces.

The batter washed away easily enough, but just as I was about to wash the last of it away and completely salvage my candy the it suddenly became very mushy.
Taking the remained of my candy out it had all started to become one glob of candy. Willing to deal with that I tasted it. It was just a glob of peanut butter left.

I don't get it! What went wrong? Maybe I better check my status...

Oh right... I forgot how increditably HORRID I am at cooking! I'm going to have to live off of twinkies and t.v. dinners for the rest of my life.

I don't think I could of failed this cooking ordeal anymore then that!

7 comments:

freethephoenix said...

Oh my gosh Travis. This post just totally made my LIFE! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! I'm crying from laughing so hard!!

Kuroari said...

OMFG that chart thing is so cool! XD How did you make it?!

over the holidays we should hang out and re-attempt the cookies, because if there's two things I CAN cook it's soup and cookies. And I make a damn good soup, so my cookies should at least pass off as edible. (all jokes aside, I can make good cookies, when I really try).

We shall try to make you those reeces pieces cookies! Yush!

And I still love that stat chart D:

Rose said...

My fellow students are studying studiously. I am choking to death as I cover my mouth and try not to laugh raucously.

Your misadventures with food amuse me more than... many things.

The Commodore said...

Ok Travvy, open up the brain tank, brah, because I'm about to drop some premium octane knowledge. (Heheheh, that sounds awesome!)

Anyway, you should have made them with a peanut butter cookie recipe. Yeah, I'm that smrt.

Vincent . said...

Hi travis! that was so lol! thank you for making me read it hahahaha\\tee hee

c;

i am emoshunally impaired!

maybe i should spall chuck

Travis T said...

I particularly like the part where more flour didn't work so you tried even more of it.

Emily Kate said...

Try this recipe, it always seems to come out great. Plus it's peanutbuttery! http://allrecipes.com/recipe/t-ts-cookies/detail.aspx