Monday, March 16, 2009

Off Again

Today was a rather exciting day today... then the climax had a cliff fall of falling action.

I woke up and made Emily Breakfast! She was quite happy to be served breakfast in bed I think :).

However the celebration was short lived when we figured out that instead of 9:30 am her next bus home to Guelph was actually 5:50 PM. This was a problem because Emily had to report to crew call at noon. Luckily I solved the problem by finding a via rail website, and a train left there at eleven o'clock sharp! So me and Emily promptly went back to sleep for twenty more minutes. Then we headed out all the way to union station.

We in such a hurray it was like watching a movie where you're on the edge of your seat, time ticking by and your flying down the subway trains. You're going as fast as you possibly can but is it enough?
Well indeed it was because we arrived there, and Emily bought her ticket with a couple odd minutes to spare before the train left. Emily was out of sight before I got a chance to blink twice.

Then there was just me all the way in Union subway station. I felt the question 'well now what?' cross my mind. Emily fled with all of the action following her. So I went home I suppose.

I went home Played some animal crossing, then I went online... and now it's brushing up on three at night...

I certainly know how to waste time.

Well I've been playing with these ideas in my head. I'm so enthralled by the idea of everybody close to me having a separate battle class, (by that quiz I had most of you take) I feel like I've collected some valuable data from all of you and I should be using it. So I decided to venture off to my own little imaginary world. Off again to imagine my pointless wonderings once more.

SO i decided to post some battle job class related material that I've been thinking up recently (and not so recently).

The following is a chart like deal I've sort of cut and paste together.
To follow it simply start:
'This is a job class' -- 'this is an upgrade of that class'
--'this is an indirect upgrade of that class'

Anyways here they are:


Freelancer --- Onion Knight

Fighter --- Warrior
---Defender
---Gladiator

Chemist --- Scholar --- Alchemist --- Arithmetician

Monk --- Black Belt --- Judgemaster

Thief --- Assassin --- Ninja

Archer --- Ranger --- Hunter

Squire --- Soldier --- Knight
---Paladin
---Dark Knight

Fencer --- Lancer --- Dragoon

White Mage --- Bishop --- Devout

Black Mage --- Templar --- Magus

Blue Mage --- Animist --- Beastmaster

Time Mage --- Orator --- Illusionist

Red Mage --- Sage

Mascot --- Puppetmaster --- Evoker --- Summoner

Berserker --- Morpher

Elementalist --- Samurai

Trapster --- Geomancer

Rune Knight --- Sorcerer

Gadgeteer --- Machinist
---Sky Pirate
---Land Rider

Gunner --- Sniper

Juggler --- Gambler
---Dancer
---Bard

Mime


I have a secret wish in my head that someday I'll be able to make a wonderful RPG that will become as famous and as loved as Final Fantasy. With all these elements and ideas and class I can make/semi steal. I bet I could make one of the most interesting RPGs out there. But something tells be Shane doesn't want to go into the RPG game direction.

Yup that's the list.
Tell me what you think and/or if you think there should be anything added or moved.
Maybe I'll go more into this tomorrow if any of you guys are as interested in it as I am.

(P.s. I didn't blog yesterday because I was really hoping for more comments on my last blog. But apparently no one took the bait. *pout*)

10 comments:

Shane said...

I voted that I don't think you could handle the updates. Mostly because I know you get busy with school also because I'm still waiting on things I asked you about 3 months ago ;)

freethephoenix said...

Aw, I miss the 'Churning Comments' lol. Kay so I voted to doubt your update ability as well. I would LOVE nothing more to read something creative you have made but I've already been teased twice and left crying about how I can't see the ending... now I'm getting sad again! (T^T)

Kuroari said...

Dark Knight w00t w00t!

But I don't get the elementalist/samurai thing. those two classes are completely unrelated...?

Emmy Arts said...

Before I go on to read the rest of the blog:

served* not severed.
severed = cut, sliced, mangled, chopped.

I'd much rather be served! hahahaha :)

Emmy Arts said...

sounds like the hero went out of commission as soon as he saved the day... Sounds relaxing :)

Travis said...

:(

My siblings commented on my poll, and not my blog, (pout)

Trish: An elemental would be connected to a samurai because a samurai job class would work sorta like a magic knight class. I'll explain. The elemental job would use fire and stuff hurt enemies (but there is already a black mage job class, so that makes the elemental job class kinda pointless.) A samurai would like cast fire on his weapon and Armour to give him advantages he would need in battle. So if you think about it like that then they are connected.

Emily: I guess I'll be much more careful about the way I deliver food to you from now on! lol!

Travis T said...

I voted yes as I doubt the updatability of many webcomic artists.

I think hunter might be switched to a sideclass as a specialization against beasts. Also even though I know how arithmatician works scholar sounds more powerful.

Caitlyn said...

Oh my goodness! I am very sad to leave...road trip to PEI?? In a couple summers though.

And I got the Alberta summer camp job! I'm going to the prairies! :D

I'm way to excited...I'm literally vibrating in my seat...I need to go and burn some of my energy!

Miss you so much! Hangout-age in September is a MUST!

Peace and love forever

Shane said...

oooo Travis what if we ditched the Elemental stuff and did your Job system instead?

Travis said...

Shane: Ditch the Elemental stuff and go on with my job list? I'm not sure I follow?
Are you talking about Zombie?

Trish: You were right, the whole Samurai idea flopped so I'm switching the Rune Knight and the elemental jobs. That makes more sence. I forgot I had Sorcerers that casted magic on their weapons. What Samurai's do is draw out abilities from their weapons to attack. Close to a Rune Knight so now it works better. Thanks for pointing that out!

Thomson: I hear ya about the whole Scholars should be higher up on the list. They do sound pretty better. But since they're like an undergrad red mage with only an inteharit ability to scan I'm keeping them there.
I'm not sure what you mean about hunter changing to a side class.
You feel the hunter shouldn't be a part of the main stream archer class?

Hummmm I almost want to do that, but if I do Then that makes me want to switch Assassin to a side class too because one would specialize in hunting monsters and the other would specialize in hunting beasts. The only problem that now arises is the archer job class has suddenly become only one job long with two side classes. Can you think of any other job classes that might fit the bill?