Saturday, March 28, 2009

Character Selection

(Note; you can vote for more then one character)

Hey all.
I've been having a rather busy and entertaining week/weekend since I blogged to you last. What can I say? I am one content man. I can't really think of anything significant to blog about that you don't already know so I'll pick up from my problem

Perhaps you see the new poll on the side. I really need you guys help about which character to do.
I know, I know, You're asking "What is this for?"
Well it's for school, my only motivation for anything I do.
There are two classes I need this for. The first one is Digital Imaging. I need to draw up a character and colour it using photoshop. Figging hard eh? So i figured I might as well draw up a character I already own and know everything about.
The second class, (and the more exciting project) is for stylistic drawing. In that class I need to draw up a character in a Front side and back pose and then construct a model of it in about eight to ten inches in height! I was so friggin pumped for this assignment.

I was originally going to make myself as the the lion, but as I was doodling doodles about it, my teacher came around and looked at me funny. HE even sketched me up with lion ears and I looked... reaaaaally weird... so felt rather dumb and I decided not to go with that idea. Now I want to do one of my main characters.

So without further ado I will introduce you to all of them so you can make your choice.

Prince True
This is actually a really old character, the first main character me and my sibling came up with. His adventure is that of traveling away from his kingdom to save a lovely princess. The people of his home town were plagued by the law that decreed that as long as the princess was away everyone had to stand on their heads. Prince True fought monstrous sized Oogers and even braved crumbling caves.
As it stands his character design if very open, this was just a quick idea I had for him. I believe I was around the ages of six to ten when we came up with this guy.

Alexi
This blond Hero is there barer of one half of the stone of life. The other half is inside his true love. The fair maiden Danny. They broke it when they where little and the broken pieces had resided inside each of them. The life's stone's counter part, the death stone, seeps it's way into Alexi's father and the horrible man named Kyru is born. Alexi is thrown into adventure when is home town is burned down and the race to stop Kyru from destroying everything he holds dear starts.
He is a prankster whom acts before he thinks. Heroic and brave he lets his silly side appear now and again.
Alexi was in the first (and only) Role playing game I had completed. Along with Jessica it took us a full year to complete it. Alexi also marks the first time that I really acknowledged Jessica as my older sister so he holds a special place in me.

Shawn
The head general for a top research assignment military project. He latest product that had been released is a suit that uses element to function. When the project is sabotaged and the pieces of the suit are in jeopardy, Shawn dons the suit and sets out to destroy the monster whom seems to have created an army of Zombies.
Shawn is from a game me and Shane have. The plot is sorta my idea and Shane hasn't confirmed it yet, but Shawn is still our main character for it.
I could have him wearing the suit instead of his street clothes, only the suit's design changes whenever a new element is place in it... and I haven't determined the idea for any of the suit's designs. I'd probably stick with fire most likely.

Aden
Formerly known as 'Tair' I changed his name because Tair and Tairisinuse is names that I only use on myself and not for not me's. Aden is from the Manga me and Travis Thomson made called The Infinity Rule. It starts off with Aden being entered into a strange blood bath contest where all contestants are given a weapon and a photo of someone they must kill.
Being thrown head first into the contest he enters a world of strange weapons and hidden villains. Will Aden be able to survive in a contest where failure equates to death?
I should also mention I'd probably include Aden's weapon with him.

Ince
Once me and Jessica finished the RPG featuring Alexi we came up with a new idea. That idea was what gave birth to Ince, the grandson of a god. We were going to create an RPG like I said but after I slacked off Jessica wrote a book about Rown (Ince's god ancestor) and then complied a trilogy out of the works. Which she must get published soon, or I kill her. Anywho I still claim some rights to use Ince. for school projects and things like that.
Actually if you're interested, you can read Ince's Story; Method Six. I'd go into more detail about but I don't want to ruin the story, because it's amazing!

Tarala
Once again me a Jessica started to plan an RPG, this time it would be staring Tarala. This story is set in a fantasy future where two tribes of humans argue about their origins. Neither group acknowledges the other as human. However things start getting sticky when every single baby being born is a still life. sixteen years have passed and Tarala was the last known baby to be born. Desperate for answers Tarala and the other residences of Ash Gate must solve this mystery not matter at what cost. Even if it's associating with those non-humans.
Tarala has been spoiled her whole life and is a kind of celebrity. Although her main trait is the fact that she bumbles a lot. Hince her love with bumble bees.

Jagger
Abandoned when he was a child Jagger was raised by animals. Not use to human ways he's in for a world of learning when a sword takes him away from this animal parent pack and on a hunt to find his true parents and concer and darkness that resides within him. Is it possible to catch someone who's always running away?
Jagger is very serious. He doesn't make jokes, and he doesn't get them. However he receives titles like silly and weird because of his wild origins.
ALl that aside he is very interested in making friends.
Jagger originally came from a Kingdom Hearts role play site, but I was interested with his character so I disassociated him from the popular franchise. Nothing has been made with Jagger since I stopped RPing as him years ago, but I still plan to create something out of his story.

Malice
A dark man with eyes that pierce and burn. He is afflicted with a strange toxin that has given his hands the ability to create fire. An underground cult kicks the story into action when they murder King, Queen, and young Prince of the Royal family. Lila is the only survivor. Malice risks everything to save her from death and to make up for his horribly dark past. He doesn't smile, he is too consumed with his past.
Malice actually gave from an idea Emily and I came up with last summer. She began writing a wickedly awesome story about Malice and Princess Lila which I am excited to finish reading. (Go Emily go! Write write write!)
I'd share it with you all if I could because I do love it so.

Rari

After I tired of Role Playing on other people's sites I decided to make my own. After much planning I created one (only to have it shut down a couple weeks later).
Travis Thomson is my co-hort with this one. Actaully we plan on creating a short comic about it.
The protagonist of this story is actually a man named Valentine. However I know nothing about Valentine because he is Thomson's creation so I'll stick to the character from the part of the story I know.
Rari is the highest angel in Vangelize. full of angels and those who have done good deeds in their life, Vangelize over sees Vancore where humans and Valentine dwell. Father out of sight is a place where demon dwell called Venagiest. Vangelize and Venagiest have been at war with each other before the start of time. There is also a leader of Venagiest. When a person from Vancore dies they are sent to Vangelize or Venagiest. Rari lived and died and arrived in Vangelize. However her lover ended up in Venagiest. Forever bitter she dreams of the day she can destroy the middle ground and reach him once more. Unlucky for Valentine the middle ground is Vancore.

Rigar
Here is a pretty big no-body as far as acknowledgment goes. I Role Played as Rigar (formerly known as Ryu) with a role play site owned by Trish.
He is a self proclaimed Paladin who carries a heavy burden. He lived with a group of Monks and worked as a trainee dreaming of the day he could begin sword play. A cursed sword was brought before the Monks. Unannounced to Rigar, he tested the sword. The curse took over his body and he went on a rampage. Finally coming to his senses he found out that he had murdered almost every Monk in his home. Even his beloved master. The monks placed two blades near the tip of Rigar's cursed sword sealing the curse with in the blade and Rigar's body. Banished from his village he search for a way to calm the guilt inside of him.
Although he is given a horrific past, self righteousness and poor charismatic skills seems to surface quite a bit.

Gix
If you've followed my blog from the beginning you probably know who Gix is.
Gix is a strange youth who had befriended a strange man named Zefer. Gix has completely devoted his life to serving Zefer. He only truly feels happy when he's made Zefer proud. Gix is the embodiment innocence. He discovers that he excellent marksmanship when they discover a gun. Living in a shack with Zefer only lasted so long. Soon Zefer is being hunted. Gix's innocence can only last so long with everyone out to kill Zefer and Gix holding the most power to stop them.
I kinda just realized that Gix is the only character I own which is souly mine and not shared with anybody else.
I've currently stopped Gix's story but I might be picking it up again after school ends.

Anyways that's all the characters I own(-ish) that I can think of. Please vote at the side for your favorites to help me decide which one I should do. Also it wouldn't hurt that if I missed any details about any of them or you want to argue a case for one of them, to do that int he comments of this blog post.

Thanks all!

7 comments:

freethephoenix said...

I voted for Gix but it was a REALLY tough decision! Especially because 3 of the others were ones I helped with (and especially Ince! He's my baby!) But ya, there's my vote!!

Becky said...

Jagger.... do iiiiiiit....

Travis said...

You know you caaan vote for multiple people right?

Travis T said...

Can and did! I like the name change on Tair, I think it's a good fit.

Emmy Arts said...

I was going to comment earlier at how I wasn't a big fan of Malice's purple indents on his eyes, but I like that you improved him. Still, he looks so much scarier than I thought! lol Even if you don't end up doing Malice for your project... one day... I wanna see him in full picture!

Emmy Arts said...

p.s. I find it hilarious how much his collar is consuming his face :)

Kuroari said...

Alexi. He has goggles. ;D