Freakazoid!
Tiny Toons!
Bananas In Pajamas!
BeetleJuice!
Duck Tales!
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Power Rangers!
Magic School Bus!
Mighty Max!
Tales from the CryptKeeper!
Samurai Pizza Cats!
Yeah these are all pretty sweet!
Oh youtube, how i enjoy you so!
The first week of school is here and almost gone. Just one more day till the week end. All of my classes that I have now... They all feel like I'm getting a giant pat on the back for passing my first semester classes. Makes me kinda happy.
Some of my classes that I'm looking forward to is a photoshop class. Seriously it looks like a class completely dedicated to photoshop! it's gonna be friggin sweet. Another one I had today was stylistic drawing. Basically what you need to do if you're interested in drawing for comics books and touching on some animation. That class already told me what I did wrong with my Manga that I made a couple of years ago.
IT seems the process to follow with making a manga is; Idea, script, design, story board, produce, print.
The process Thomson and I followed was; Idea, produce, print. We missed three HUGE steps! Makes me kinda ambitious! Gosh! I wish Motivation was sold as like a soft drink or something! I'd buy a million fridges worth!
I have quite a few games I want to make with Shane, among the few are; Zombie, Fantropics, Microcaum (sp), and once I actually become useful, any games I can properly pitch to him. I want to make another RPG with Jessica, I like the title 'Change'. I want to finish that story I was writing a while back 'waiting'. I want to finish my manga deal 'the infinity rule'... Man I haven't touched on that one is so long, I almost completely forget the plot... actually we never really came up with a plot at all... there was never a true script to this story, and dammit I wanna complete it! I want me and Thomson to finish... and well me to start that Vangelise Manga that we were coming up with. Actually I was hoping that this stylistic drawing class could REALLY help with that. There is also Emily's story which I'm... well I'm not really the writer at all but I help her come up with ideas. I can't wait for her to finish that. And Method Six Jess! OMG you have to finish those books! I'm surprised me and Trish never came up with some sort of plot together... all I can think about with Trish is that little girl we came up with that had meter stick long eyelashes! And well other then that I have a few more independent projects and ideas scattered about.
I want to do them all! And I want to have them all finished right now! Or at least have like Enough motivation and time to complete them ALL this year! ALL OF THEM!
... You know what? That'd be a crazy Year year's resolution...
Yes that's my goal! I want to resolve to complete all of these!
... or maybe I should pick a few and resolve to work my hands off doing those...
Which ones do I pick?
Well anyways I'm resolve to do something by February. Maybe I should focus on trying to apply for animation here again and brush up my portfolio and complete that.
That's a vague idea of my goals this year.
*makes a silly face*
2 comments:
Actually I think the Infinity Rule came out something like idea, design, sort-of-script, further design of stuff we missed, produce and print. And to be fair much of that was rather haphazardly thrown together. 'Twould seem we completely missed the storyboard stage.
So lets see where we are in Vangelise...
Idea and storyboard/script. To be fair I have certain design ideas for the characters, I simply can't reproduce them. Hmm... I should really finish that 'board up so I can get it to you!
Travis, the only project you've ever finished in your whole 20 years of life was our RPG. I think you should pick ONE of those ideas and finish it by June.
As far as writing and storyboarding goes you should be perfectly capable of finishing a 1st draft in six months.
The problem you have is that you're not working every single day. It's kinda like being the captain of a huge ship, if you let the ship sit too long it will start to drift and once you come back to your story/manga/RPG you first have to warm up all the engines, work the kinks out, work against all the inertia to get it moving again and steer it back on track. By the time your ship is happily chugging away again hours have passed and you feel like you just 'can't do it'. So ya. Basically, finish ONE PAGE every day and you won't get off track.
Post a Comment