Tuesday, January 27, 2009

In my school today

First class...
It was very early... I wish I could fall asleep during class. I don't agree much with this scattered brained teacher. Seriously his dialog runs something like this:

Teacher Bob: My name is bob.
Students: ...
Teacher Bob: Any questions?
Students: ...
Teacher Bob: Today we will be learning about drawing!
Students: ...
Teacher Bob: Any questions?
Students: ... ... ...?
Teacher Bob: You should read your subject outline.
Students: Wha~?
Teacher Bob: Any questions?
Students: : (

Soo in short he sucks and I dislike his class.

Then we had a photoshop class. I really like that class but it was really hard to pay attention to it today. It was a bit more dry and full of facts and stuff that I'm pretty sure I won't use. But since I like the class so much I wanted to pay attention but I just couldn't!
My friends were threatening to choke me with my scarf so I drew this instead of paying attention!



Quick sketch so I know it kinda sucks but I hope I got a laugh outta yeah.

My final class of the day was also dry but something in class caught my attention. We were talking about ideas and emotions and the teacher said there were really only six different emotions: Fear, Anger, Joy, Sadness, Disgust, and Surprise. He stated that every other emotion was just a variation on those six.

I'm wondering... is that right? Can anybody else think of another that isn't related to those six at all? I tried like relaxed is a variation of joy. I can't really think of one that doesn't relate in any way shape or form. Grrrr... burt.

Alright.

That's it for today, short I know.
Later

7 comments:

Emmy Arts said...

You look somewhat pained Trav... perhaps you should take off your scarf? lol!

freethephoenix said...

Yikes! Scarf! Your friend in the picture has quite a nose. Oh my.
The only other emotion I could think of was horny but maybe that one relates to joy?

freethephoenix said...

I did some research and Robert Plutchik, a famous psychologist, said their were 8 basic emotions:

Joy
Acceptance
Fear
Surprise
Sadness
Disgust
Anger
Anticipation

Ya, so he had two more than what your teacher said. He also had a list of 'advanced emotions'.

Optimism
Love
Submission
Awe
Disappointment
Remorse
Contempt
Aggresiveness

Caitlyn said...

Please let your friends know that I don't appreciate them threatning to kill you before I see you again. That's so not cool. They can wait until after to strangle you with your scarf.

Shane said...

I think it would be worthy to note the lack of emotion. I have at times felt no emotion so you're not anything except you just are.

Emmy Arts said...

p.s. I like your second banner better than the first ;)

Kuroari said...

Resignation. Apathy. Frustration. Just to name a few.