Thursday, October 15, 2009

Focus Overdrive

Today I had a very interesting day.

Okay that was a complete lie. Today was a work filled day. I got to school on time for layout class, (which I didn't do last week) and I was bored to metaporical tears. Then after that I pretended to work on my layout homework until my layout teacher left. After that was character design.

I started drawing people for that class. I got really pumped for scultpting my heads so I started to do this one guy who has tiny eyes and a giant jaw. He has a gaint horn on top of his head like a Rhino. he has an awesome expression on his face. I was working away on it and before I knew it was eight o'clock at night time and i had collect a gaint crowd around my desk. They were all working on their heads. I think my head is one of the best heads. I wasted a whole brick of sculpy on this head. My classmates then became very concerned about me. I hadn't stoped since one in the afternoon. I also hadn't eaten nor had a bathroom break since eight in the morning that morning.

I was purly running on the pure fun and excitiment. They made me go home, take a break, and have some supper. Walking home my mind was filled of how I can scult this head some more. What tools I could invent to have the textures and shapes I wanted.
Even while eating supper I just wanted to work on this thing.

Then I realized two things. The first was my calling. I do believe sculpting is my altime favorite medium to use while creating art. I think I would be happy if i could just create my characters all day long. But I think I'll save that for another date.

I've got many more assignments to worry about.

The other thign I realized was, I think I have a gaint un-tapped pool of talent. I mean it seems like some people can try and try and the results of the final product is good. I can produce something good if I feel like it. However I notice how unbelieveable the amount my work improves when I focus and am into what I am doing. I still can't believe how good this head is and how good some of my life drawings can be.

I know that sounds so cocky but I'm thinking of it as a limit break here. But I also believe I have vast untapped potencial if i believe in myself like that.

I know how much all of you hate it when I mispell things and this post is chalk full of grammer and spelling mistakes. I am using my non-spell checking lappy-tappy so sll of you english anal people can go stick your head in a crannberry jar.

I am now tired an I believe I will hit the hay very soon.

I still plan on posting up a list of all the stories I hope ot create and my christmas wishlist this year so that will be coming sometime soon.
A hint as to something I would like this Christmas is displayed below.

6 comments:

freethephoenix said...

Bolt the movie?
And you should have used my awesome birthday gift to take a picture of this rhinoceros man's head! :O
*grabs cranberry jar*
Well, that's all. *Sticks head in cranberry jar*

Kuroari said...

I LOVE CRANBERRIES. :D -nitpicks the HELL out of your post-

But anywho, that's awesome! Just like I really love amateur voice acting/fandubbing, you love sculpting and stuffs. that's cool. :D I'm happy for you.~

Rose said...

Anyone have any vaseline? I should have chosen a larger cranberry jar.

freethephoenix said...

I don't think your 'blogs I'm following' is updating correctly because I've posted thursday, friday and yesterday.

I thought your comment was weird until I came here and saw that your feed still had my post from Wednesday... ?? weird.

Also: YOU haven't posted in 3 days!! Stop being a pile and post! :)

The Commodore said...

Heh, sounds exciting! :P

I got your comment on my last post too. :P

We'll perhaps have to organize something for some weekend. The Bus/train ride up there is only $15 from St. Kitts, so it ain't too bad. :P

The Commodore said...

I GOT SCRIBBLENAUTS!!!!@@#%^$#


Just thought I'd let you know. :D