Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Last week from this week

A quick recap out of procrastination.

Last week I had gotten myself back from being at Emily's and I spent the entire week hanging out with people. I wasn't alone at all last week. Tuesday - Wednesday I was hanging out with Andy and going to extra life drawing classes then Thursday day I hung out with Mikki then Thursday night Emily came over for our weekend in Montreal! I was busy with classes and homework so I didn't let myself be excited. I did some home work. Made valentines day cards and witnessed as Emily found an exploded peach among her affects. Apparently one of her friends had borrowed her back placed a peach in there and forgot to remove it. Every seemed untouched by the peach except for Emily's laptop bag. The peach had managed to squeezes it's self through the water preventative fabric and right to the laptop. Lucky the laptop still turned on so that was good.


Pre-Valentines day, Friday the 13th

Last Friday was a the day before Valentines day and Emily was over! I had classes pretty early so I woke up and left and let Emily sleep. I wouldn't be having access to a computer for the whole weekend so I wanted to wish my friends happy Valentines day. So after digging around I found a picture suitable for each of them. They are both inside jokes but you should of saw the look on their faces when they opened their gifts.

This one was for Andy. I had drawn it for him quickly after he was beating me in a card game. He hated it, so I made it into a Valentine's day card for him. ha ha. The monkey thing is actual suppose to be a very hot pink (a colour picked by Emily) but the scanner sucks. Emily also drew the hearts all around it!

This one was given to Mikki. I don't even know how this one got so bad. Me and Emily were looking up jokes and that screaming joke was the funniest one we found. Explanation of inside joke; We have to draw a mural for police and they have stupid miss-shapen mascots. Mikki hated them most of all so out of an attempt to horrify her me and the other boys in our group drew this for her. Good times were had by all. The funniest thing about this was Emily watching me draw Bobby. She shuddered and I couldn't help but laugh. Mikki laughed a lot at this one, she thought it was really funny, so I guess it's not so bad then.

Other then that the morning class on Friday was fine. I cut out an hour early to go wake up Emily and leave for Montreal! We packed up and headed out! It was Emily's first time on the Subway, it was also the scariest sounding subway ride I had been on, so that was fun!

Shortly we were on the train and on our way to Montreal. But not before we grabbed lunch at McDonald's! There was a french speaking black women who sat across from us (because for some reason we had two by two seats that faced each other. For most of the trip me and Emily ignored her... mainly because I can't reeeally speak french and the lady slept a lot.

We watched Chicago on Emily's laptop, that brought back good memories of watching that movie with my family. I wanted to sing it the whole way there but I made myself not due to the sleeping passengers. However we were horrified to find out that we could no longed eject the disk from the laptop. The disk tray worked much like a Wii's disk tray, where as in you slide the disk in and it slides out with out any tray. We could only surmise that it was that darned peach back to haunt us! Not only that but our five hour three was delayed by two hours making us wait a total of seven hours on the train with no entertainment and being forced to be quite due to sleeping people.

It was an exercise in patience! But if I was going to be stuck anywhere with anybody I'm glad it was with Emily. It wasn't so bad either, I found my PSP and played final fantasy 2. Emily watched me and I was quite happy about that! And that's an understatement!

We finally arrive and it seems that the lady across from us has begun to talk to Emily. I'm a bit ashamed that I have no idea what they're saying since my mom is french. I kept kicking myself all weekend, thinking 'I should know how to speak french! I should know this! Arrgh!' Anyways it turns out that the old lady had packed quite a bit of luggage and needed help carrying it. ME and Emily agreed to help. I already had a bag so I grabbed one and Emily had a bag too so we each had one of the lady's bag. Emily told me that the lady kept saying that 'we were both so kind'. That made me smile. The lady found her husband and we found our taxi.

A whirlwind later and we were able to find our hotel and our room! It still felt like I was on the train when we finally dropped out luggage. There were two single sized beds and a pull out couch. Emily's friend's (Nick and Nicole whom we would be spending the week with) pushed the two small bed together to make a big one giving us the pull out couch... hurray. The beds were in a sperate room then the couch so it was almost as if we had our own room. Which was kinda nice.

Emily knew these two so she began talking right away, my shyness kicked in and I awkwardly looked around the hotel room as they talked and watched me. It's not like I didn't want to meet them or they didn't try to talk to me... I just couldn't think of anything to say... SO I guess I hadn't cured myself of shyness like I thought I had.

Another heartbeat later and we were out the door and down the street, to some residence for... Queen's university was it? It was a swanky hotel that had been transformed into a residence. There were a lot of drunken kids wondering around. It made me kind of upset to see such people in such a nice place. Nick and Nicole talked to some friends of theirs and we took our third taxi (I don't like taking taxi's) to a club which I seemed to be nicely dressed up for... wait when did that happen? I missed that part. We where the first in line for a club called Opera (like the singing kind not the talk show kind)

At the same time about a million other people lined up behind us. Not only did the line up but they pushed forward! We were almost falling over! GOod thing we were at the front on the line and were able to get in before we fell over. This club was... well what you would expect a club to look like on the night before Valentine's day; PACKED! There were about two hundred people on the dance floor and about another two hundred milling about. In spirit of the drunken atmosphere the four of us wound up ordering three rounds of tequila shots. Speaking of which have you ever had a tequila shot?

It has got to be the worst thing in the world to taste! Seriously! They took sour and cough and made them rotten in the basement for about three years and then made them into a liquor! Disgusting is an understatement. But anyways to take one you have to pour salt on your hand. Lick it off take the shot then suck on a lemon/lime. By the time you swallow the shot you shove that citrus piece in your face so fast you'd think you'd break your teeth!! It was a shame for me because my pieces always had seeds in them so I'd have to spit them out before I was able to suck on the lemon. It was like fooling my gag reflex.

Those things where suppose to get me drunk fast but I never felt a thing. After that we when and danced in the dance floor which was kind fun. Everybody was tightly packed and we all would have turned into domino if one person fell over. It was like experiencing a river of people... with deafening music and seizure lights.

So everything was going peachy (ha ha peach) until we decided to leave. At about two thirty in the morning we were getting tired and wanted to leave. However that was the same time everybody else wanted to leave. and Since there was a manitory coat check a whole mass of people crowded around the door. The bouncers kept everybody in the club area while not letting anybody else leave except a couple people at a time. As more and more people got ready to leave and joined the back of the line the crowd of more and more packed. People in Montreal sure are pushy! I was missing my nice neat and orderly grade one line up! We were following Nick and Nicole through the crowd, but the mass of people soon became very dense. I created a bubble with my arms around Emily since tall people seemed content with mushing her. I lowered my stance too to kept from falling over with the swaying of the crowd. However in that position I was unable to push my way through the crowd. Reaching a stand still bad thoughts soon entered my head as I over heard the word trample. With this many people it would be easy to see how that could happen and no body would be able to help anybody out. I thought of Emily and became a little frightened. My fear peaked as the dense crowd finally bursted through the bounces people started flooding out. The angry bouncers were not going to have any of that so they shoved back. Lost in the mass of people the way traveled back, even my lowered stance couldn't hold this up I was successfully shoved backwards someone stepped on Emily's foot and she fell over. I imminently rushed to help her to her feet. It looks like she lost a shoe and the crowd was getting increasingly restless.

Fearing for her safety and my own I pulled us back through the crowd and out of it. We would wait until the stupid thing died down before attempting to escape. Nick and Nicole could wait. I noticed just then that the music had stopped. Apparently the party was over and everybody was just waiting to pass through coat check.

As frustrating as the experience was we sat down on the ground... well I sat down on the ground and Emily sat on my lap... and we made like of the situation taking time to talk amongst ourselves. We did get a comment from another party guest, she told us how cute her and her group thought we were, that made my night. Around three forty five in the morning we braved the line up once more, only this time we kept to the wall and made it out safely. I piggy backed Emily all the way out side.

After two cab rides later (because a certain cab driver couldn't find our hotel) and the hell blown out of my twenty, we finally returned to the hotel room safe and sound, me with Cinderella in tow.

(Continued tomorrow...)

5 comments:

Emmy Arts said...

Damn that peach. Chicago is STILL there....
holey moley you wrote a lot.
It's fun to think that somewhere in Montreal, my shoe is still there. lol
And I happen to like tequila very much, but there is a reason it's nicknamed "worm" haha

freethephoenix said...

Travis that sounds crazy. What a crazy story. Don't you miss Petrolia? And you should write more right now - I'm interested.

Shane said...

Dude I loved tequila shots. You're doing it wrong. When I had them I tasted nothing

Rose said...

Oh peaches... How can such a delicious little thing have such power for evil? And Travis... That bear is alarming.

Becky said...

YOU WERE IN MONTREAL AND DID NOT TELL ME!?! YOU JERK!!! WHY DIDN'T YOU STOP OVER IN OTTAWA ALONG THE WAY? I KNOW THE TRAIN TO MONTREAL STOPS IN OTTAWA!!!! ...

....

... your mean. :(